Meet your Coach and Encourager
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” — Colossians 3:17
My wish for you is to find joy, to find a rhythm of living life that moves you towards optimal health on the beautiful path of aging, and to find freedom from chronic dieting.
A little about me and my journey to today…
Nutrition Supervision Program
- I am currently enrolled in a nutrition supervision program working towards the required 1000 clinical hours to become a Certified Nutrition Specialist in the state of Maryland. For more information about the CNS certification, please click here. You will be taken to the website for the ANA which credentials nutritionists.
- Maryland law allows me to operate as a nutritionist only under the continuing: The program I am currently enrolled in provides Supervised Practice Experience and further education to meet all requirements. I am currently working under a Supervised Practice Experience Program that meets all state requirements. My supervisor has been approved by the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists.
- As my supervisors will be guiding and evaluating my practice, I will be sharing my client’s information with my supervisor as permitted by HIPAA and state law. More about what this looks like will be covered in our discovery call and initial consultation.
What is the CNS Credential?
CNSs are equipped to practice personalized nutrition.
“Certified Nutrition Specialists practice science-based personalized nutrition therapy to power people to health. Personalized nutrition is an interdisciplinary field that draws upon a broad range of sciences to advance human health. It considers the unique makeup of individuals and specifically identified sub-groupings of people with similar characteristics, and encompasses a person-centered approach to nutrition science evidence, education, and clinical care.
“Nutritionist” is a broad term that includes individuals with various training and credentials. The CNS is an accredited certification that distinguishes advanced nutrition professionals, enabling them to practice medical nutrition therapy and other aspects of nutrition care in many states.“
- Masters of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health – Maryland University of Integrative Health, May 2021
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration – Marketing, Mississippi State University, 1997
- Health and Wellness Coaching Certificate – Maryland University of Integrative Health, August 2020
- NASM Personal Trainer, May 1999
- FMS Level 1
- Functional Aging Specialist Certification
- Revelation Wellness Instructor, April 2021